The European Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships (EuroQSAR) Symposia are major scientific events that have been organized in different cities of Europe since 1973. They have the fascinating scope to promote and disseminate advances in rational approaches in drug design and discovery and ensure a worldwide attendance of prominent scientists from both academia and industry.
The EuroQSAR symposium, entitled “Translational and Health Informatics: Implications for Drug Discovery”, will take place September 16-20, 2018 in Thessaloniki, Greece. It is a Turkish-Greek co-organization and an EFMC sponsored event.
To honor his impact of his contributions in the field of computer-aided drug discovery (CADD) and QSAR, the 22 nd EuroQSAR Symposium is dedicated to the memory of Prof. Toshio Fujita (1929-2017).
The symposium will focus on:
The symposium will take place in Thessaloniki, a cozy and cosmopolitan European city, which integrates the ancient Greek, Byzantine, Ottoman and Jewish culture, art, history and cuisine. In the crossroad of Balkans and Middle East, it is situated at the Aegean sea, close to beautiful beaches and Mount Olympus, while it has easy access from most European cities. It is the area where Aristotle elaborated his philosophy and Alexander the Great started the era which changed ancient world and history.
The venue will be one of the well-known 5 stars hotels, Grand Hotel Palace, which is constructed and furnished resembling a royal palace.
We look forward to your active participation!
Prof. Ismail Yalcin
Prof. Anna Tsantili and Prof. Esin Aki-Yalcin
Ismail YALCIN, PhD, Prof.,
Anna TSANTILI, PhD, Prof.,
Esin AKI-YALCIN, PhD, Prof.,
Emmanuel MIKROS, PhD, Prof.,
Athina GERONIKAKI, PhD, Prof.,
Serdar DURDAGI, PhD, Assoc. Prof.,
Zoe COURNIA, PhD, Assist. Prof.,
Abdurrahman OLGAC, PhD
The topics of the symposium will include:
Dr. Dimitris AGRAFIOTIS
Chief Data Officer & Head of Technology Products, Covance / LabCorp Princeton, NJ, USA
Prof. Maurizio BOTTA
University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Prof. Andrea CAVALLI
Professor of Medicinal Chemistry at the University of Bologna and Research Director at the Italian Istitute of Tecnology, Italy
Prof. Amiram GOLDBLUM
Head, Molecular Modeling and Drug Design, Institute for Drug Research, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Prof. Renate GRIFFITH
School of Medical Sciences, The University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia
Prof. William L. JORGENSEN
Editor JCTC, Sterling Professor of Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Yale University, New Haven, USA
Prof. Johannes KIRCHMAIR
Applied Bioinformatics, University of Hamburg, Germany
Dr. Eric MARTIN
Director, Computational Chemistry, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc., Emeryville, CA, USA
Dr. Jonathan MASON
Head of Computational Chemistry & Chief Scientist, Heptares Therapeutics & Lundbeck, Welwyn Garden City, UK & Copenhagen, Denmark
Prof. Kenneth M. MERZ
Editor-in-Chief of JCIM. Director, Institute for Cyber Enabled Research (ICER), Joseph Zichis Chair in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Michigan State University, USA
Dr. Jordi MESTRES
IMIM Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Prof. Adrian J. MULHOLLAND
School of Chemistry, University of Bristol, UK
Prof. Tudor OPREA
Chief, Translational Informatics Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Health Sciences Center, The University of New Mexico, USA
Prof. Matteo Dal PERARO
Biomolecular Modeling group at EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland
Dr. Veer SHANMUGASUNDARAM
Director & Head of Computational Analysis and Design Discovery Sciences, Pfizer, Groton, USA
Prof. Alexander TROPSHA
Assoc. Dean for Pharmaco-informatics and Data Science, K.H. Lee Distinguished Professor, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, Univ. North Carolina, USA
Dr. Marco de VIVO
Molecular Modeling & Drug Discovery Lab, Italian Istitute of Tecnology, Genoa, Italy
Prof. Renxiao WANG
Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Prof. David WINKLER
Medicinal Chemistry, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Prof. Gerhard WOLBER
Pharmaceutical Chemistry,Free University of Berlin, Germany
|Profile||Early bird fee until 31/05/2018||Standard fee after 31/05/2018|
|Academic||525 EURO||630 EURO|
|Industry affiliated||775 EURO||930 EURO|
|Post Doctoral Researcher||375 EURO||450 EURO|
|Student||300 EURO||350 EURO|
|Accompanying person||150 EURO||180 EURO|
|18/09/2018||16:00 - 19:00||Excursion|
Full registration fee includes:
• Access to all sessions
• Certificate of Attendance
• Conferance Bag and Printed Materials
• The Abstracts e-book
• 3 Days Open Buffet Lunches
• Coffee Breaks
• Welcome Cocktail
• Entrance to Exhibition Area
Accompanying person registration fee includes:
• Welcome Cocktail
• 3 Days Open Buffet Lunches
• Coffee Breaks
To start the registration process please go to “My Registration” page and Sing Up first by filling the required fields and submit it by pushing the “Submit” button given at the end of the page, Then please check your e-mail address, you will receive an EuroQSAR 2018 ID to your addressed e-mail from the EuroQSAR 2018 Symposium Secreteriat. To continue your registration process please go to My Registration to Sing In by using EuroQSAR ID sent to you.
The registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment in full, as well as a proof of status required for the student fee (please refer to paragraph “Proof of Status”).
The fees must be paid in advance on the dates specified. Any bank charges will be charged to the payer. Any missing amount turns the registration into “pending” status until the amount is balanced.
If the full payment and/or the proof of status have not been received before the deadline indicated, the registration will be cancelled OR the next registration date fee will automatically be charged.
All registration fees are exempt of VAT. Payment for Early Bird Fee by bank transfer is only possible until 24 May 2018 at 24:00 CET.
All dates and fees are indicative and may be subject to change.
Proof of Status:
To be eligible for the student fees, students are required to produce documentary evidence of their status. Without this documentation, full delegate fee will be applied.
Proof of status is an official letter written and signed by the head of department or academic institution, which confirms the status of the applicant is an undergraduate, Ms, PhD student and/or post doctoral researcher. The document must be issued in English on the organisation’s official letterhead and stamp.
Completion of Payment:
The completion of payment is required to confirm the registration. The payment can be completed via Credit Card mail order or Bank Transfer. Credit cards other than visa and mastercard are not accepted.
Letter of Invitation:
To receive a letter of invitation, participants must be fully registered to the Symposium, and payment in full has to be submitted.
Participants must be aware that the letter of invitation has to be requested sufficiently in advance and that the letters of invitation will not be sent after 16 September, 2018.
The letter of invitation does not financially obligate the EuroQsar 2018 Organization in any way. All expenses incurred in relation to the EuroQSAR 2018 Symposium are the sole responsibility of the participant. Any costs for express mailing of documents must be covered by the participant.
All participants are invited to register and submit abstracts of scientific communications which will be peer-reviewed for their acceptance. The abstracts of the accepted communications will be published in the e-book of abstracts distributed to all conference attendants.
Online Web Submission Guidelines
• To submit your abstract press the “Abstract Submission System Button” given below.
• If you haven’t registered yet, you should sign up from the website to receive a Euro QSAR 2018 ID that will be sent to your indicated e-mail address.
• If you have already been registered, then you need to sign in to submit your abstract by using your e-mail address indicated at registration and Euro QSAR 2018 ID.
• After you sign in, you can submit a new abstract by pressing “Submit New Abstract” button to enter/prepare your abstract by using the abstract submission system.
• Carefully follow instructions given on each step of the abstract submission system.
• The abstract submission system can make it possible for you to write/add abstract title, abstract text, picture-figure-image-table to your abstract(s) online, and can also assist you to prepare your abstract.
• By following the instructions given in the web page of the abstract submission system you can prepare your abstract(s), edit, and get the pdf preview of them until you submit the abstract(s).
• The preference of oral and or poster presentation should be indicated by the applicant during the abstract preparation process (please select it where appropriate on the abstractsubmission system).
• Click on “PDF preview” to check your final abstract preview. Please note that the abstract should be one page maximum. Therefore, only the first page on the preview will be taken into account. If the preview shows more than one page, please shorten it.
• You can update your abstract if necessary and save or preview as many times as needed before you submit it.
• You can have access to your abstract and make changes to it until you submit it via the website until submission deadline, by using your Euro QSAR 2018 ID and email address as indicated at the registration step.
• A temporary number (TEMPXXXX) is assigned to your abstract for communication purposes. Please be aware that the final abstract number that will be used for communication in your last information e-mail, 1 week before the event.
• The pdf will be inserted in the e-book of abstract as shown on the preview. Please be aware that, it is your responsibility to fill in all data correctly and completely. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific result will be reproduced as typed by the author.
• By using “My Abstract(s)” button, you can check your submitted abstract(s) status.
• The submitted abstract(s) should be written in English.
• Abstracts must be submitted online via the abstract submission system given in Symposium website.
• Participants wishing to present an oral communication or a poster should prepare and submit abstracts using the abstract submission management system available on the website.
• If the presenting author’s registration fee is received by the Organizing Committee on before the given deadline, the submitted abstract(s) will be sendt to the Scientific Committee to peer-review and verify for the acceptance,
• Every registered participant has the right of submitting two abstracts.
• Invited speakers are not allowed to send a second abstract in addition to their invited talk.
• A notification of acceptance will be sent to the registered participant, as soon as their abstract is peer-reviewed by the Scientific Committee .
• Except the submitted abstracts, ~ 30 Oral Communications will be selected by the International Organizing Committee into the Scientific Program. All other abstracts will have the opportunity to be presented as posters.
• An oral communication will be given 15 minutes for their presentation plus five more minutes for questions & answers.
• An invited paper will be given 25 minutes for presentation plus five more minutes for questions & answers.
• The registered presenting author of a contributed abstract must attend the meeting and present the abstract, either orally or as a poster.
• There will be a “Best Poster Award” selected among the presented posters of the Ph.D. Students and Post-Doctoral participants.
• If an invited speaker accepts an invitation to present their work but needs to reject later, the speaker must notify the Symposium Secretariat and/or Chair of the Organizing Committee.
• Only the first author or presenting author may withdraw an abstract from the program. Requests for withdrawals must come to the Chair of the Organizing Committee and/or the Organization Secretariat by writing an email.
• Abstract deadlines are strictly observed. Only abstracts received by the published deadline are guaranteed acceptance into the regular scientific program.
• Meeting organizers are under no obligation to schedule any contributed abstract that arrives after the close of business on the deadline date.
• Abstracts submitted after the abstract deadline—post deadline abstracts—may be placed in poster sessions on a space-available basis at the discretion of the Program Committee and an extra abstract processing charge of 50 € per abstract is levied (Deadline: 10 August, 2018).
• No audio-visual equipment is allowed in the scientific sessions, unless otherwise indicated by the program organizers.
• The 22nd Euro QSAR 2018 Organizing Committee has the right to reject or alter abstracts based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
Abstracts contain inappropriate content
Abstracts fall outside of the topical scope of the meeting
Registration fee payment is not realized upon the given dates
• Poster size is A0 - nominally 90 cm wide and 120 cm high, in portrait format (no landscape). A permanent poster number will be assigned to each abstract and will be announced to the first author, along with the day of presentation.
• Poster presenters are responsible for mounting and removing the posters at the acknowledged day and time.
The official symposium language is English. No simultaneous translation will be provided.
Participants are responsible for taking care of their own visa application process if required.
Greece is a member of the European Union and one of the Shengen Area Member States. Greece has no land border to any member states of the Shengen Area.
Greece is a Euro Area member state and the valid currency is Euro.
Neither the organisers nor Viya Tour will assume any responsibility whatsoever for damage and injury to persons or property during the conference. Participants are recommended to arrange for their personal travel and health insurance.
The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz. In Greece the power sockets are southern Europe type which means C and F types narrow round slotes.
In September, daily average floats around a comfortable 21 degrees Celsius and temperatures rarely go below 16 degrees at night.
Ankara University - Turkey
N.K. Uni. of Athens, Greece
Ankara University - Turkey
Birlik Mah. 457. Sokak 29/2 Cankaya - Ankara/TURKEY
Phone : +90 312 447 84 92
Fax : +90 312 447 84 02