On-site technical support will be provided to facilitate and coordinate the smooth delivery of all oral presentations. It is important that you adhere to the following guidelines.
Preparation of your presentation
• Computers onsite will be PC’s. Presentations should be in Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), windows-based environment. Macintosh users who want to submit presentations must export their presentation as a MS PowerPoint file or save as pdf file.
• File format: On-site organizers operating systems will include Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 10.
• The following file formats are supported: *.ppt *.pptx *.pdf.
• Videos: Most file formats are *.mpg *.wmv *.avi using the default-installed codecs in Microsoft Windows 10. If you use a different codec or video format, please check its functionality with the technician in the Speaker Preview Desk, well in advance of your presentation.
• Projector format: The standard format of the projectors in the conference rooms will be 4:3 for the slides.
• Presentation must be prepared in English.
• Bring with you a copy of your presentation on a USB flash drive to the Speaker Preview Room to be uploaded onto the computer provided for presentation.
• Presenters must report to the Speaker Preview Desk at least 3 hours before your scheduled oral presentation. All presentations must be uploaded at the Speaker Preview Desk prior to your presentation. Please be sure that the uploaded presentation is the final version and working properly with the provided equipment
The Speaker Preview Desk will be available during the following days/hours
September 16th: 1:00 PM – 6:30 PM
September 17th: 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
September 18th: 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
September 19th: 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
September 20th: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
• Technical personnel will test-check your oral presentation(s) for compatibility and you will be given a final opportunity for any last minute modifications.
• Please give the technical personnel any special instructions you may have when you are in the Speaker Preview Room, not during your lecture.
• Arrive at least 20 minutes before the session begins, get acquainted with the operation of the podium and location of the equipment, and meet the moderator/session chair and co-chair. You are requested, to be seated at the next speaker's seat provided at the front row of the room at least ten (10) minutes before your presentation.
• An Invited Presentation will be given 25 minutes plus five more minutes for questions & answers.
• An Oral Communication will be given 15 minutes plus five more minutes for questions & answers.
• A Flash Oral Presentation will be given 5 minutes plus five more minutes for questions & answers.
• The Flash Oral Presentation is a brief oral conversational presentation where presenters share their topic through 3-4 presentation slides at the Flash Oral Presentation Corner located in the Poster Hall.
• Flash oral presentations will take place at the coffee and lunch breaks scheduled in the scientific program.
Poster Presentation – General Instructions
• Poster size is A0 - nominally 90 cm wide and 120 cm high, in portrait format (no landscape). A permanent poster number will be assigned to each abstract and will be announced to the first author, along with the presentation.
• All posters will mount to the poster panels in the Poster Hall from Sunday (16 September) 07:00 PM to Monday (17 September) 10:30 AM and remove on Thursday until 12:00 PM (20 September).
• All posters will stay at the poster panels in the Poster Hall for the days between 17-20 September 2018 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
• Flash oral presenters will also have the right to mount their presentations as a poster at the Flash Oral Presentation Corner in the Poster Hall from September 17 to September 20 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
• Poster presenters are responsible for mounting and removing the posters at the acknowledged day and time.
• The posters must be written in English.
• Each poster board has been allocated a number. The posters must be placed on the panels, following the numbering indicated on the panels.
• Materials to attach the posters to the panels will be available at the conference office.
• Each author must make himself available at the times of the poster presentations.
• Please, note authors have to be registered to the Symposium